Parishes of Adelaide Podcast with James Meston
James visits Clearview/Kilburn and Morphett Vale parishes this week
Arch D Radio & Podcasting
Here's another new way for the Catholic Archdiocese of Adelaide to stay connected during this time, when we are disconnected in a lot of ways. Every Wednesday, we’ll be releasing a new episode that will feature a pastoral message, the gospel reading and reflection for the coming Sunday, and conversations with two different parishes to see how they are staying connected with their congregations.
- You can subscribe to the Parishes of Adelaide Podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts and Soundcloud, and also listen now at the link below.
- Click here for previous podcasts.
Online Mass and prayer services for you
LIVE STREAMING OF MASS FROM ST FRANCIS XAVIER'S CATHEDRAL
The Archdiocese will be live streaming every Sunday at 11am (this Mass will be replayed on Channel 44 at 4pm). Filmed live from St Francis Xavier’s Cathedral, the services can be watched live via this website, our Facebook page or YouTube channel. The Mass can also be watched on demand.
Other Mass Resources
- Sunday Mass is screened on Channel 10 at 6am every Sunday morning.
- Pray as you go App (Google Play or App Store) or Website or Podcast
- Sacred Space website
- Corona of Thorns - Podcast (via Spotify and Apple Podcast)
by Fr Peter Zwaans (Brooklyn Park/Richmond Parish)
Other Suggestions for Prayer
- Lighting a candle in the window and praying the Rosary with others around the world, each evening at 9pm.
- Join with Christians of all denominations by praying the Lord’s Prayer each Friday at 8am. See Fr Philip Marshall's letter for more information.
- Downloading the Laudate App (Google Play or App Store) which has access to many prayers and devotions (inc. Liturgy of the Hours and the Stations of the Cross).
- COYYA is developing resources and links to existing resources for youth ministry in the midst of the COVID-19 crisis.
Family Liturgies with Children
Communities to pause for prayer
In the wake of churches closing due to the Coronavirus pandemic, members of different Christian communities in Adelaide are being encouraged to pray together at the same time each Friday morning.
National resources for Sunday Mass
Links to other online prayer and worship resources
- Daily Mass can also be viewed at 9.30am and 9.30pm on the Shalomworld Australian channel. Alternative times on the North American channel are 12.30pm and Europe channel at 7.30pm. They can be watched live on a SmartTV or smart phone by: downloading the Shalomworld app, or online on a laptop or PC at www.shalomworld.org/dailymass
- Daily Mass on Demand -- CathNews YouTube Channel
Daily Mass -- Archdiocese of Melbourne
- Live webcast of Sunday Mass -- St Stephen's Cathedral, Brisbane
Readings of the day -- Universalis.Com
- Sign up to receive daily Gospel reflections -- Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn
Pray.Com.Au -- Madonna Magazine/Australian Jesuits
- Papal Masses – www.news.va
Faith video programs –Shalomworld