General Intercessions for Sun 22 Nov. 2020
Solemnity of Our Lord Jesus Christ, King of the Universe (Yr A)
Liturgy and Prayer Resources for Catholic Communities During Suspension of Liturgical Celebrations Due to Coronavirus (2020)
During the period of suspension of public liturgies in response to the Coronavirus crisis, Catholics can take heart from one of the key decrees of the Second Vatican Council (1962-1965) on Christ’s presence in the liturgy:
"Christ is always present in his Church, especially in its liturgical celebrations. He is present in the sacrifice of the Mass, not only in the person of his minister, ‘the same now offering, through the ministry of priests, who formerly offered himself on the cross’ but especially under the Eucharistic elements. By his power he is present in the sacraments, so that when a man baptises it is really Christ himself who baptises. He is present in his word, since it is he himself who speaks when the holy Scriptures are read in the Church. He is present, lastly when the Church prays and sings, for he promised: ‘Where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them’’
(Mt 18:20). [Vatican Council II, Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy (1963) art. 7]
Please download pdf below.
Links to online Masses, prayer and worship resources
Online prayer services for you
Sunday Mass is screened on Channel 10 at 6am every Sunday morning.
- Pray as you go App (Google Play or App Store) or Website or Podcast
- Sacred Space website
- Corona of Thorns - Podcast (via Spotify and Apple Podcast)
by Fr Peter Zwaans (Brooklyn Park/Richmond Parish)
Other Suggestions for Prayer
- Lighting a candle in the window and praying the Rosary with others around the world, each evening at 9pm.
- Join with Christians of all denominations by praying the Lord’s Prayer each Friday at 8am. See Fr Philip Marshall's letter for more information.
- Downloading the Laudate App (Google Play or App Store) which has access to many prayers and devotions (inc. Liturgy of the Hours and the Stations of the Cross).
- COYYA is developing resources and links to existing resources for youth ministry in the midst of the COVID-19 crisis.
Parishes of Adelaide Podcast with James Meston
Arch D Radio & Podcasting
Here's another way the Catholic Archdiocese of Adelaide stayed connected during the COVID-19 time when we were disconnected in a lot of ways – click here to listen Season 1 podcasts.
Family Liturgies with Children
Communities to pause for prayer
In the wake of churches closing due to the Coronavirus pandemic, members of different Christian communities in Adelaide are being encouraged to pray together at the same time each Friday morning.