The Professional Standards Office
What do we do?
The purpose of the Professional Standards Office (SA PSO) is to encourage and support the Catholic Church in South Australia to regularly review, develop and implement safe and ethical practices and respond professionally and with compassion to disclosures of adult survivors of emotional, physical and child sexual abuse and current incidents of adult boundary violations and misconduct.
Contact us on 08 8210 8275 39 Wakefield Street, Adelaide
There are specific services that provide information, support, advocacy and counselling for adult survivors of sexual, physical and other abuses. Many of these services are free of charge and provide confidential support and information. Regardless of how recent or how long ago the sexual or other abuse occurred, consider contacting a support service to seek counselling and/or other supports.
RELATIONSHIPS AUSTRALIA –
- SA – 1800 998 187
- NT – Darwin: 1300 364 277 | Alice Springs: 1800 634 405 | Katherine: 1800 650 276
VICTIMS SUPPORT SERVICES –
- SA – 08 8231 5626 | www.victimsa.org
- SA – Yarrow Place Metro calls 08 8226 8777 | Country calls 1800 817 421 | Emergency a/h 08 2886 8787
- SAPOL – 131 444
- NT – 1800 672 242
- NT – Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC)
- Darwin: 8922 6472 | Alice Springs: 8955 4500 | Katherine: 8973 8524 | Tennant Creek: 8962 4361
- NT POLICE – 131 444
NATIONAL SERVICES – 1800RESPECT
- National Sexual Assault | Domestic Violence | Counselling Service 1800 737 732 | www.1800respect.org.au
NATIONAL REDRESS SCHEME – 1800 737 377 | www.nationalredress.gov.au
SA & NT PSO respectfully acknowledges all Traditional Custodians of the land and waters of for South Australia and Northern Territory. We pay our respect to Elders, past and present, and young leaders of today and the future.
SA & NT PSO acknowledges the lifelong trauma of those subjected to abuse and their families. We acknowledge the failure of the Catholic Church to protect, believe and respond justly to children and adults subjected to abuse. We are committed to working with and walking alongside people coming forward to seek restitution.