Appointments and transfers from overseas
Formalising appointments and transfers
Where appointments and transfers to the Archdiocese Adelaide are being planned, correspondence to the Archbishop from the Church Authority must contain all of the relevant details relating to the intended appointment /transfer. The initial correspondence must be directed to the Archbishop in the first instance at least six weeks before the intended date of arrival, to allow for sufficient time to undertake the necessary verifications and prepare the documentation required. The response from the Archbishop will outline next steps to be undertaken in order to progress the permissions process.
PLEASE NOTE: Clergy/Religious from an Eastern Rite are considered as Clergy/Religious from another Diocese and should follow the above protocols.
For an appointment to the Catholic Archdiocese of Adelaide, permissions are further considered with the provision of the following documentation:
- Completion of the Overseas with Declarations Form
- Presentation of either a signed Safeguarding Statement Form OR Individual Safeguarding Declaration and Disclosure Form (whichever is applicable)
- Police Certificate from the country of residence and
- South Australian Working with Children Check (WWCC)
The Clergy, Deacons, Religious Brothers and Sisters, Seminarians and Novices are required to provide either a signed ‘Safeguarding Statement form’ or ‘Individual Safeguarding Declaration and Disclosure’ form in relation to professional standards.
Evidence of a police certificate from the country of residence is required together with a South Australian Working with Children Check.
The South Australian Working with Children Check can be obtained via the following link; https://screening.sa.gov.au/applications/application-information-for-individuals
Completion of the forms below are required
Once the completed paperwork has been received:
The appropriate verification will take place and permission to minister in the Archdiocese will, if appropriate then be issued by the Archbishop’s Office.
- In the case of Clerics (Persons under Holy Orders), a letter granting permissions to exercise clerical ministry will be prepared for the Archbishop’s approval.
- In the case of other Religious, a letter of welcome will be prepared for the Archbishop’s approval
- For any appointments and transfers into the Archdiocese, Clergy, Deacons, Religious Brothers and Sisters, Seminarians and Novices will be required to attend a full day training on Safe Environments.
- For any appointments and transfers into the Archdiocese, Clergy, Deacons, Religious Brothers and Sisters, Seminarians and Novices will be required to attend a briefing with the Professional Standards Office.
The Parish Priest within the Adelaide Archdiocese will be notified that this permission has been granted.
AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE APPOINTED PERIOD:
At the conclusion of the approved appointment period, a representative from the Archbishop’s office will follow-up to confirm that the placement has concluded. In the event that an extention to the approved period becomes necessary, a ‘Variation to Length of Stay’ document is required to be completed and submitted. The request for the extended approval for an additional period will be reassessed at that time.